Table staffed by volunteers
As a volunteer-run organization, we are dependent on the passionate folks who dedicate themselves to our cause. We’re enthusiastic about adding new people to our group. From generating new sponsors to selling handicrafts created by women in our Nicaraguan community, we can use your time and energy!
Start by connecting with us on Facebook or Twitter – from there, spread the word to family, friends, and colleagues.
Please note that the following is, by no means, a comprehensive list. If you have an exciting idea or a particular strength that you would like to share, contact us.
Are you local to Southern California?
Here are some things you can do:
- consider hosting an event for CdA. We’re happy to provide the materials and speaker for a presentation, if you provide an audience and suitable location. This can be as simple or elaborate as you’d like.
- identify regional craftfairs and other events for us to attend. If you have some time on your hands, staff the table for us. We sell (environmentally friendly) bags & purses that are handcrafted by women in our community in Jinotega. We also import coffee for resale, and have a plethora of other items sold for fundraising.
- want to help develop a program for our students and staff in Nicaragua? Come to our next Board meeting (held quarterly). Contact us for more information.
- looking for a more official title? Check out our profile on Idealist.com for openings.
Outside of Southern California?
There are still plenty of ways to help CdA! Consider the following:
- Know a thing or two about grant writing? Have some time to spare? We know just what to do with you!
- Contribute to our blog or write about us on yours.
- Identify web connections that can be of service to a small organization like CdA and let us know about them. (Think philanthroper.com.)
- If you have experience with CdA, write a review for us on greatnonprofits.org. We cannot emphasize just how important this one thing is to us!
- Are you a student with with grant money burning a hole in your socially-conscience pocket? We are happy to house you at our facility in Jinotega while you do research in our community. Contact us for more details.
- Volunteer selling sponsorships and handicrafts
For volunteer opportunies at our facility in Nicaragua, please see our Visiting Jinotega page.